Monday, August 24, 2009

New Music In My View

I don't consider myself a music expert but I'm secure enough in my own taste to know the difference between unusual music that's ahead of it's time and just plain bad music. Obviously people disagree because one of the worst songs to come out in the last few years is the #1 song in not only America but the UK as well. You may have heard the song by the Black Eyed Peas on the radio shortly before you (hopefully to save yourself) changed the station called "I gotta (BAD) Feeling". It's horrendous like a tie die shirt design of vomit and fecal matter. I can not believe people like this song! It's like when the taco bell dog movie was number one at the box office! An now it's spreading faster than H1N1 to other countries. I just pray there is a cure for all those infected before it's too late!
Moving on to better, albeit unusual music that I feel is way more emotional and creative...
You will fall in love with them, Blitzen Trapper are the real deal!

Another lovely Kings of Leon song:

Free Energy... <3>

Lightning Dust... It was hard to pick just one to share with you! Ultimately this one won it's so subtle and soothing like a warm bath you just melt into the music!

I could go on and on with the music I'm loving and listening to right now but sometimes too much of a good thing all at once can be overwhelming so I'll leave you with this: http://www.last.fm/music/King+Britt/_/New+World+In+My+View+%28Album+Version%29?autostart a link to hear the full song for free that I couldn't find on YouTube or google, that was featured at the end of the latest true blood episode called New World In My View by King Britt... it's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment