Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lovely Young Adult Literature

I've been writing a lot recently and it's reminded me of some books I love and have read repeatedly over the years cause they were so intriguing! Here area few of them:

^This is a really quirky and lovable book about a girl at art school^
^This book is such a mysterious masterpiece in the simplest ways. It will stay with long after you read it and so will some of the songs listed in mix Cd's through out the book^

^My all time favorite book, beautifully written with hauntingly complex characters. A must read, the movie adaptation is brilliant which is hardly ever the case, but the movie uses almost the exact same dialogue from the book and the actors in the movie are perfect for every role. ^

This was my favorite book as a tween and is still just as magical every time I read it. The movie made based on the book was horrible beyond words and though I adore Anne Hathaway she butchered the beloved main character Ella!

^Another great book for kids and adults, the movie adaptation wasn't that bad either!^

^I heart Infinite Playlist <3>

^A poetic story about three lost souls all caught up in being something they're not.^

^I love Sheri Reynolds, she is so unique with her storytelling and characters, I've never been much into religious books but Sheri writes about spirituality as a way of life.^

I recommend these two Sheri Reynolds books to everyone they are both amazing and unique.

Running with scissors is sensational and I highly recommend watching the movie after!

Laurie Halse Anderson is a great Young Adult Lit. writer and though she has many great books, this one speaks for itself. For all the Kristen Stewart haters that say she can't act best wise up and do some research starting by watching the movie, which is spot on for the book staring her when she was only 14!

^Really crazy/beautiful storyline that anyone who's ever had a friend will cry and laugh over!^

Beauty Queen is not a happy story but it's one every young girl can learn from...

Tantalize is along the lines of Twilight but with more of an appetite, fast read will keep you guessing! Also Prozac Nation is one of my favorites! Lost pic of that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment