Thursday, January 20, 2011

Yummy Vegetarian Meals & Snacks

Spanakopita.
Ruffly translated means delicious spinach flavored crack! This is SO good words can not express how amazing it tastes. I'm not really big on spinach but this makes me love it. It's easy enough to make just time consuming with the pastry sheets, helps if you can have some one help you with that part. Great to eat hot or cold and easy to freeze and thaw so you can make a big batch and cut it up in pieces so it lasts a few meals. Green bean casserole my favorite holiday dish that I eat year round. I'm afraid I ate most of it before I remembered to take a picture. Easy, quick and delicious.Garlic and Scallion Roasted Potato's.
Another time consuming recipe that takes about 45 minutes prep time and 1 1/2 - 2 hours to cook but I make it so I have two layers of potato's (takes about 3lbs. of small potato's) so it's a really big batch you can eat for days. This is a pic of them before I put them in the oven. They are so good and I can easily just eat a bowl of them for dinner. So can my mom! They are really delicious.I love mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and scallions. Just clean them, cut them, saute them and eat. Good with rice, pasta, or I like to take a soft tortilla and sprinkle cheese on it, add the sauteed veggies and then flip it in half to make a cheese veggies quesadilla! One thing I eat all the time on my no meat days are tomato, green pepper and black olive sandwich's on a good bread with mayo. I love it and it reminds me of subway!
Okay those healthy choice meals are disgusting! So gross! But the veggie burgers are really good as long as I add my own seasonings and I usually make them with onion and mushroom or onion and green peppers. Alfalfa looks gross but it's actually really good with cream cheese, tomato and red onion on a bagel. You'll be surprised how good it tastes if you ever try it. An I haven't tried this kind of tofu yet but I got a recipe from a book I'm going to try tomorrow for a tofu teriyaki stir fry.

So I made my own herbed ricotta as you can see above I went for a spicy rosemarry, unfortunatly I kinda burned it a little in the oven so it wasn't as good as I hoped cause it was a little too firm but it was okay and I think next time if I just lightly bake it and have it with some pasta sauce it'll be even better. So those are some of my vegetariant meals and experiences. I'm really doing it and trying to go vegetarian, it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. It's even been kinda fun experimenting and trying new things. I'll keep posting about it as I go along. These are good vegetarian foods though. Let me know if anyone wants a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment