Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Best Vegetarian Salad Ever!

As part of my plan to go vegetarian I have made a new food schedule for myself where I only eat meat every other day. So on my non-meat days I've been experimenting with vegetarian recipes.
This portabella mushroom salad that I make with a light homemade dressing is so freaking delicious I could eat it every single night! The only pain is pealing the fresh garlic cloves; it take a long time to peal a whole clove. I know that seems like a lot of garlic but when you saute it whole or in halves the garlic taste becomes really light and not at all overpowering. I got the idea for this recipe of off a vegetarian steak salad recipe using portabella mushroom caps and changed it up to fit my tastes. The sauteed cherry tomato's and feta cheese really make this salad to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment