Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolutions

*Learn To Drive.
I've been a perpetual passenger my whole life. This year I want to change that and get my license so I can finally drive a car... far, far away! *Take More Pictures.
I have hardly picked my camera up this year, just for the sake of taking random pictures. I miss going for walks and taking little adventures look for cool things worth taking pictures of.
*Become a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian.
This is going to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Partly because as I sit here writing this I'm munching on the best meat wontons you could ever dream of. I've been wanting to stop eating meat for about a year. I've decreased my meat intake by a least 10% (not much I know... like I said this is going to be hard!) and been experimenting weekly with vegetarian dishes. The problem is that I love meat and the Idea of giving up Chinese food and my cousins out of this world ham hock green beans is enough to make me cry. So you might wonder why go vegetarian then? Well it started with a book about becoming a vegetarian. It changed my views on meat, yea sure it tastes good but the way they raise and slaughter the animals and the drugs they give them combined with really becoming conscious of the fact I'm putting a previously living animals dead flesh in my body. I honestly don't believe humans were ever meant to eat meat! For those reasons I really am going to give 2011 my best effort to stop eating meat. I'm still going to eat dairy and eggs. An I know eggs could one day be baby chickens but I'm also pro choice and I'm choosing to believe they don't have souls yet! *Sleep Under The Stars.
It's all part of my quest to get more in touch with nature. I want go camping or at least sleep in the back of a truck and fall asleep with nothing between me and the stars!
*Switch to dark liquor.
I'm just sick of vodka and run and all clear liquor. So this one will be easy. Only brandy and whiskey for me from now on. *Sleep on a strangers couch.
I've never been one of those people that can sleep anywhere. I either have to be in my own bed or a place I've been a hundred times before in order to crash there. I want to know what all the fuss is about. *Write more personal letters.
I can't remember the last time I used a stamp! It seems so old fashioned now but I think it's a sweet gesture. *Read at least 72 books in 2011! *Find time to hold up cute and clever signs that make people smile & think. * I want to get a family tattoo.
Something unique to us all but with a similar theme. I also want about 3 other tattoos as well.
*I also want to write more short stories and maybe work on writing a book.
*Get back into putting my art up on deviant ART and start selling my work.
*Watch an entire movie with the commentary on!
*Volunteer somewhere.
*Stop cutting my hair, I'm only going to trim it and then see how much longer I can grow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment