Sunday, June 27, 2010

Music Of My Childhood


I would listen to this song and cry and sing along with every word when I was 17/18. I had no idea how "emo" I was being at the time.

During my Jr. High & early High School years. This was my break up/make up song.

I don't know what my excuse was for this song above but honestly I was hopelessly in love with it when it came out!

I wanted to relate to this song so bad when I was like 12, it seemed so passionate and intense! It's still my favorite No Doubt song to this day... maybe because I played it like a million times when I was a kid.

Yea... haha really what girl wasn't a little into them at some point? I don't know how old I was when this came out but I was super young and I remember singing it in the back seat of the car with Jenny & Emily.

my mom bought their album and would play this song over and over and it's always stuck with me. It's sad and beautiful.

This song reminds me of sitting in my dads truck with my little hand out the window catching the breeze and looking up at the trees as we drove through Delhi while singing along to this song with my dad. I was probably no older then 8.

One of the songs my mom would listen to while she got ready to go out with her friends when I was a kid. I loved it.

In 7th grade I was obsessed with save the last dance and this song reminds me of it.

Oh lord... yea this song... haha I'm blushing I had no clue what it was about when it out but I loved it and would sing along to it in the car so loud and my mom let me... I don't think she ever really listened to the lyrics either lol.

Lolz yet another song that was so inappropriate for like a 13 year old girl to be in love with haha.
~Honorary mention, I could find the videos but when I was 11 or 12 I went through a country faze and my first cassette tape was Lila McCann Something In The Air and the song crush on that album deserves to be on this list lol but I couldn't find the link.

Music is such a major part of our lives & I'm sure I could find at least a thousand other songs that could take me back to my childhood lol but for now these are all the ones at the front of my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment