Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Heartbreak In 8 Episodes Or Less

Well my stupid computer won't let me upload any photos right now so I'll have to come back and edit this later. I have to do this now though. I just watched the last episode of Skins season 4. I woke up at noon and between then and now I've spent a good 5 hours and 20 minutes sitting on my bum at the computer watching the entire season! It's an addicting show. An wow. wow. wow.
SPOILER alert... I had read some things online about this season and while some were true others are not. I really felt this season was tighter and more together than the last. All the characters had good story lines that weaved in and out of each other nicely. Last year it got a bit choppy. I love the Emily and Naomi love story and this season they were on the outs. A lot. In the last episode when Naomi spills her heart out to Emily It was so real and I'm sure most people have felt and done things that couldn't have been explained any better than in her characters words! So they pull through and honestly if they didn't the show writers would have a riot on their hands cause of all the fans rooting for them. On to Effy... In the first two seasons she was my favorite character so illusive and mysterious and disconnected, I loved her. In season 3 they cracked her open and gave her more life... life that I felt was better left undiscovered. This season it's a bit of both worlds. She goes mental which I found surprising cause she's always so within herself. It was believable though and I liked how Freddie tied into it all. I've never been a Freddie fan he's just a bit to robotic. Seeing him care for Effy made him so much more endearing and human. I knew that doctor was no good! I was shocked when he murdered Freddie. I cried. Tears. For a TV show! They filmed it brilliantly. The blood on the glass and the sounds... much more tormenting that seeing it happen in a way. It was very disturbing. The darkest skins has ever gone. The chemistry was off without him at the last party and you got a sense of "is this it? no one is ever going to know the truth...?" You gotta love Cook though for being as Effy put it "brave" charging his killer like that, and so you know he took care of him. Cook's storyline was loads better this season and I really think Jack O'Connell who plays Cook is the best actor on the show. He has the most cross over potential I think out of all the casts. I also like Katie this season, she was less bitchy and I liked that she stopped being the girl who always had to have a boyfriend. I wanted more Pandora though and I thought her getting into Harvard was a joke but so shall it be. I've read a lot of comments about how the season ended crap and didn't give closure. Here is what I think... It's not the end really, that's the point of how they left it... life goes on. People change but they also stay the same. Bad things happen, some can be fixed others can't. Love is shit and drives you mad but it's worth every ounce of sorrow. An we can all be thankful life really isn't a fucking TV show where writers decide your fate!

No comments:

Post a Comment